Date posted: June 04, 2012
State: New York
We’re a small but passionate web team looking for a web developer. To apply, go to
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York, invites applicants and nominations for the position of Web Developer.
Seeking a web developer to provide primary support to the college's main website, intranet, and various web presences whose responsibilities will include:
• Provide user support for the content management system.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair problems with the content management system
• Escalate unresolved CMS issues to consultant or OpenText and follow-up
• Create, implement, and test new components, new templates, and new projects in the CMS
• Manage publishing of the website
• Manage CMS authorizations, workflows, users, and groups
• Manage website aliases and shortcuts
• Build and manage web forms
• Administer Google search on the website including rendering of search page, inclusiveness of search results, and reporting
• Administer and manage blogging software including user accounts
• Manage 25Live calendar templates and work with departments to implement calendars using 25Live on their sites
• Program new web applications
• Liaise with IT on web initiatives
• Special projects, as needed
This is a general description and is not to be construed as all-inclusive.
HTML5, DHTML, PHP, Flash, XML, experience with the OpenText CMS and database management, project management experience, experience handling upgrades, patches, and CMS server maintenance
Request an update or remove a posting.