Date posted: June 19, 2012
NAME OF POSITION: Acquisitions Librarian
DEPARTMENT: Paul Meek Library, University of Tennessee at Martin
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The University of Tennessee at Martin invites qualified applicants for the position of Acquisitions Librarian. This is a full-time, 12-month professional exempt, tenure track position. The Acquisitions Librarian reports directly to the Library Director and is fully responsible for managing the Acquisitions department and its budget. In addition, this librarian supervises one Senior Library Assistant responsible for duties involving acquisitions, one Senior Library Assistant responsible for serials check-in and binding, and one Senior Library Assistant responsible for various Technical Services duties. Preferred start date is September 1, 2012.
• Coordinates the acquisition of materials in all formats (including books, serials, DVDs, CDs, electronic resources, etc.), and tracks receipt and payment;
• Ensures timely processing of invoices, subscription renewals and license agreements, and maintains appropriate records;
• Administers the acquisitions and serials budgets, monitoring fund expenditures and balances, and provides reports and statistics when needed;
• Participates in the selection of library materials in general and specific areas;
• Supervises and evaluates the performance of staff;
• Maintains communication with library representatives of academic departments regarding their allocations and selections;
• Participates in Reference service on a rotating basis;
• Acts as library liaison to one or more academic departments;
• Serves on library and university committees.
Required: ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree; demonstrated written and oral communication skills; ability to work independently, collegially and collaboratively; organizational skills, with an aptitude for detail oriented work and ability to prioritize goals; proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
Preferred: At least one year of professional experience working with library collections, vendors and materials budgets in an academic library; experience with Innovative Interfaces Millennium integrated library system, particularly the acquisitions module; some knowledge of accounting principles; supervisory experience.
ADVERTISED SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applicants must apply online at www.utm.edu. Click box “Employment Opportunities” on the upper left side of the home page. Go to “Faculty Vacancies” and follow the instructions to apply for this position. Please attach a Cover Letter, resume, transcripts (official transcripts required when hired), and the contact information (name, address, and phone number) of three references. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until position is filled.
Request an update or remove a posting.