Date posted: June 27, 2012
Position Name Knowledge Manager
Req No. 10882BR
Location NV - Las Vegas
Job Category Systems Engineering
Develops and executes processes and procedures for the identification, creation, collection, and storage of global systems documents to ensure appropriate content is available to internal and external parties to facilitate knowledge sharing, self-service, and analysis
· Identifies relevant documents/content to be stored in global knowledge library (e.g., customer notifications, field service bulletins regarding known issues/workarounds, structured knowledge base content or documentation, FAQs, user/training guides, online forums, IGT User Conference and IGT Tech Talk sessions, etc.)
· Identifies appropriate repositories for knowledge library, which may include IGT Knowledge Base on IGT.com, SharePoint sites, and other centrally located online portals / databases / systems.
· Ensures content stored is stored in a manner that is intuitive, relevant, up to date, and organized to enable users to easily find the desired information.
· Understands how the user will use the knowledge library, and then implements functionality that will meet those needs.
· Implements knowledge and content management technologies used to search, organize, and extract specific information from the knowledge library.
· Builds taxonomies, dictionaries, synonym lists, basic queries, etc. to enhance the users search capabilities.
· Provides these categories and lists to engineers, who will then build these in the repository systems.
· Assists with localization of content.
· Advises business systems analysts on the user requirements for all knowledge library repository systems, including ease of use and extraction capability, so text can be searched, located, extracted and used for trending and analysis.
· Advises technical writers on the most appropriate format for content materials to facilitate user need.
· Partners with the Process Management group to fully leverage the knowledge library to expedite the issue resolution process, including Incident Management, Problem Analysis, and Change Management.
· Knowledge management concepts, methodologies, best practices and systems
· Content management lifecycle processes
· Systems functionality and terminology so the incumbent will be able to understand technical content and determine what is appropriate for the knowledge library.
· 5-8 years of experience in developing and delivering Knowledge Management programs
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· ITIL and/or Knowledge Management Certification required
Request an update or remove a posting.