Date posted: July 03, 2012
State: New York
Reporting to the Dean of the Library, the primary responsibility of this librarian is the leadership of information literacy instruction.
The Information Literacy Librarian collaborates with faculty and campus departments to lead in the innovative instructional/curricular design of integrated information literacy competencies. This position will assist in creative library instruction and the development of engaging learning modules and also develop and maintain a full-scale assessment plan to ensure that information literacy is part of student success. This position is a twelve-month, full-time, tenure-track appointment. The position also participates in the general work of the reference department and serves as a liaison to academic areas as assigned. In collaboration with the Dean, this position will develop strategies to promote information literacy and the library to the campus.
· Leads the campus in innovative and effective methods of information literacy offerings through the incorporation of instructional design techniques.
· Assesses information literacy instruction in all formats.
· Participates in the daily work of the reference department, including scheduled night & weekend shifts.
· Represents the library in faculty governance work.
· Participates in collection development for liaison departments and the reference collection.
· Engages in effective professional development.
For more details:
Request an update or remove a posting.