Date posted: July 11, 2012
The Library Web Applications Developer designs, develops, codes, tests, implements and manages innovative web-based applications that improve the user experience in discovering, accessing, and using library resources and services. S/he gathers requirements, writes code, maintains documentation and works with the Web/Graphic Designer on web design and layout. S/he is responsible for maintaining various local and cloud based servers. In addition, the Library Web Applications Developer is responsible for backing up the desktop support specialist when s/he is absent.
Job Responsibilities/duties include:
- Design, develop, test, code, implement and manage web applications.
- Meet with users to gather requirements of project and plan and prepare technical design and qualifications.
- Work with Graphic Designer to layout user interface for project.
- Work with the Digital Library to assist on digital projects.
- Contribute to User Interface/User Experience and Usability testing.
- Analyze, modify and maintain existing applications.
- Prepare technical, operational and user related documentation in support of applications.
- Research emerging technologies to extend and enhance library projects.
- Work with Library Systems team to make sure applications interface with all aspects of library services.
- Maintain servers locally and in the cloud for 24x7 uptime.
- Administer, install, configure, troubleshoot, and monitor web servers as well as other library project servers.
- Provide support for hardware, software, and peripherals for Fondren Library
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/information science/systems or an equivalent degree.
- 2 years’ experience in designing, developing, coding and maintaining data-driven applications.
- 2 years’ work experience in maintaining Windows and Unix/Linux servers in a large networked environment.
In order to be considered all applicants must complete the online application and attach any required documents through the online application system. Please use the link below to apply for this position.
Request an update or remove a posting.