The J.D. in law is offered through the Maurer School of Law at IU Bloomington.
University law libraries are transforming into increasingly comprehensive research centers, and many organizations are creating and supporting complex databases for case law.
With this powerful pairing of degrees, you’ll be uniquely qualifed to thrive in environments such as these and others—as a law librarian or information specialist.
While not required, you can choose to focus on any number of topics, including:
- Administrative law and government regulation
- Business and commercial law
- Civil rights and equality
- Constitutional design
- Constitutional law
- Criminal law and procedure
- Environmental law
- Family law
- General practice
- Information, communications, and privacy law
- Intellectual property
- International and comparative law; globalization
- Labor and employment law
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Property law
- Skill development
- Tax law